Dynamic Help panel shows no text

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
wgrinthal
Jr. Propeller Head

Dynamic Help panel shows no text

Post by wgrinthal »

I just installed MCF yesterday, and have started watching the intro videos. However, unlike in the video, my Dynamic Help panel is not showing any text as I click in different areas of the UI. I've tried restarting MCF, and then locking/unlocking the panel itself, with no change and no display.

Any thoughts on something I might be missing? As a one-day newbie, I realize that could be quite a lot.

Thanks for any suggestions.....
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Dynamic Help panel shows no text

Post by Nita Beck »

Welcome to the forums! :)

Hmmm, I've never run across that before. (Then again, I personally dislike the Dynamic Help so rarely have that pane open.)

I guess I'd try to repair the installation of Flare itself. Perhaps something is hosed in the local Help system so it won't load.

If repairing (or even outright reinstalling) Flare doesn't solve it, I'm sorry to say that I suggest you ask MadCap Tech Support.

In the meantime, you can use Help > Online Help to view the web-based Help right in Flare, in the center pane in its own tab. To get context-sensitive help for a given pane, you'll need to press F1. (IDEA: Float the Help tab and dock it elsewhere so that you can see it as you work on topics in the center pane.)

Alternatively, you might prefer to view the web-based Help outside of Flare. To do so, open the Dynamic Help pane and then use the Open Topic in Browser button on its toolbar. (I do this just once myself for each update of Flare, because I then bookmark the web-based Help so that I can call it up more easily.)

I hope these ideas lead you to a solution.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!