Local Formatting -- Odd results using Select All

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Local Formatting -- Odd results using Select All

Post by ccardimon »

Before trying to learn style sheets, I thought I would simply format a document locally. Not as simple as I thought. I tried selecting the entire document and changing the font. That really didn't work very well. Then I tried numbered line by line. That works but is very cumbersome and time-consuming, as you may imagine. The primary target for this document is Word. It is one of my simplest procedures. I right-clicked, did select all, made my font change and not much happened. What am I missing? I really don't want to do this line by line.
Craig

Lost in Disturbia
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Local Formatting -- Odd results using Select All

Post by LTinker68 »

When you selected all and applied a font, it applied the font to the <html> tag, not the <body> tag. It doesn't seem like you can apply inline formatting to the body tag through the XML Editor. The easiest thing for you to do, is do the select all and apply the font again. Save the topic. Then right-click on the topic in the Content Explorer and select Open with > Internal Text Editor. At the top of the page, in the <html> tag, copy the style="font-family: Arial;" text (font name may vary) and paste it into the <body> tag. Then delete the text from the <html> tag. The font will filter down to the whole page, unless one of the tags or part of the text has its own inline style, in which case that overrides the font set on the <body> tag.

Unless your topics are all going to have different fonts, though, I'd just set the font on the body tag in the Stylesheet Editor -- that'll filter down to all topics in the project.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
ccardimon
Propellus Maximus

Re: Local Formatting -- Odd results using Select All

Post by ccardimon »

Thanks, Lisa, I'll try it.
Craig

Lost in Disturbia