Files missing in Lingo (10.1.6554.30095)

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
daStern
Jr. Propeller Head

Files missing in Lingo (10.1.6554.30095)

Post by daStern »

Hello,

I'm just starting to use Lingo and have run into a bit of an issue.

I am maintaining a reasonably large Flare project with multiple targets and TOCs. When I create my Lingo project from Flare some of my TOCs are not displaying in the Lingo UI. If I look in the associated folders in Windows Explorer all the TOCs are present with related SKL and XLF files but the majority do not show up in Lingo. For example, in one folder, there are 26 TOCS but in Lingo, only five are present. As I need to translate the whole project, this is obviously an issue as I can't add them to XLIFF bundles.

I've tried creating the Lingo project a number of times and the same TOCs are missing. I've checked the rest of the project and all other files seem to have made it into Lingo, just these TOCs seem affected.

Has anyone else encountered this - more importantly, does anyone know how to solve this issue?
daStern
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Files missing in Lingo (10.1.6554.30095)

Post by daStern »

This has been sorted out now - or rather I now understand why some of my TOCs were not showing in Lingo.

The TOCs I couldn't see in Lingo used System.LinkedTitle as the TOC entries. These variables cannot be directly converted to translatable segments in an XLIFF file so do not show in Lingo. The variable source terms get translated when the topics get translated. A subsequent export to Flare includes all the TOCs with the variable source translated and everything is good to go. :)

Not sure I explained that too well, but hopefully anyone reading gets the gist.