Lingo does not include a target language for Czech-Republic?

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo

Lingo does not include a target language for Czech-Republic?

Postby barbs on Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:17 am

I have a small Flare project that we recently sent out for translation, with one of the translations requested being Czech. When I created my Lingo project, there was only one target language available for Czech, that being "Czech." I tried multiple times to import the Czech TMX into Lingo with the same result each time: Imported 0, Found 456 duplicates, and 1 alternate. To verify, when I opened the project and chose Czech, there were no suggestions for any of the segments. I followed up with our translation vendor and it appears that the language was translated to Czech - Republic. Czech-Republic does not appear to be available as a target language in Lingo.

Does anyone know of a work-around for this problem?

This is not the only language I am having this problem with. I am having the same problem with Finnish, Polish, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese. I have imported the translations and my my TM database is showing the following languages in the database (screenshot), but because I cannot choose Finnish - Finland, Polish - Poland, Thai - Thailand, Turkish - Turkey, or Vietnamese - Vietnam as target languages for the project (they are not offered as target language options), I can't get any segment suggestions for them.
LingoTM.jpg


Thank you for taking a look and any suggestions you have to workaround this problem.

Barb Stork
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barbs
Propeller Head
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Re: Lingo does not include a target language for Czech-Repub

Postby oleksandr_kokoshyn on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:25 am

Hi Barb,

I assume that the
Code: Select all
xml:lang
property in the TMX file contains the value for Czech that Lingo does not recognize.
You can try to do the following:
* Open the TMX file in a text editor.
* Replace all strings
Code: Select all
xml:lang="THE_VALUE_THAT_LINGO_CANNOT_USE"
with
Code: Select all
xml:lang="THE_VALUE_THAT_LINGO_USES_INTERNALLY"
.
Save.
* Import the TMX file again.

I can't remember the value for Czech in Lingo, it could be "cs". To know for sure, you could create a TMX file from a Lingo project that has some translations in Czech and open it in a text editor.
oleksandr_kokoshyn
Propeller Head
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:19 am

Re: Lingo does not include a target language for Czech-Repub

Postby barbs on Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Thank you so much for the reply. I had also sent off a support request for this problem and MadCap came back with the same suggestion:
The only workaround for the issue that you are facing currently would be to open the TMX file in a text editor and perform a find for the language codes that are not supported within Lingo and replace them with language codes for languages that are supported within Lingo. Once that is done, you should be able to import the TMX into a TM and use them within Lingo. Apologies for the inconvenience. If you'd like to send a copy of the TMX I can perform the find and replace for you to make sure that everything is functioning as expected.


I'll give it a shot on Monday with one of the "problem languages" and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!
Barb
barbs
Propeller Head
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:46 pm


Return to MadCap Lingo General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests