Some files not shown Lingo when updating project from Flares

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
alexanderpeterson
Jr. Propeller Head

Some files not shown Lingo when updating project from Flares

Post by alexanderpeterson »

We are having issues with some files (topics/snippets) that are not being shown in the Lingo project after the project has been updated with latest changes from Flare project (through Update Project function in Lingo).
The files in question are located in multiple different folders and there doesn't seem to be any pattern as to how/why they are "filtered out".

I did some tests where I created copies of some of these files in the Flare project (with exactly the same content but a different file name) and noted that these topics/snippets are then successfully transferred to Lingo. Then I tried removing the original copies of the files and renaming the new copies to the original files names. This test was not successful, the files were once again blocked in the update.

Is there some filter in Lingo that blocks certain file names and how do I deactivate it?
RobSwanson
Propeller Head

Re: Some files not shown Lingo when updating project from Fl

Post by RobSwanson »

We found this happening and have two possible fixes.
1. Delete the liprjdb3 file in the folder that the Lingo folder is in. This is not a danger because Lingo will recreate it when it opens. This often works except when it doesn't. Then,
2. Review the missing files to see if they have some verboten coding like ampersands or percent signs. Typically they'll throw and error, but there is no true "typically" with Lingo, which is buggy as all get out.

Good luck!
alexanderpeterson
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by alexanderpeterson »

Thank you for your reply!

You confirmed my theory abut liprjdb3 file. I noted that it contained file paths to the filtered out files in question (among other information), which made me suspect that it might be causing the issue. I will try to remove it from my project to see if it helps. :)
barbs
Propeller Head

Post by barbs »

Glad that I stumbled on this post today. I happened to notice this with a snippet file the other day...one file out of about 800 in this project. This is really irritating. I only happened to notice it because I was comparing files for other languages (separate projects, same files) that we're about to send out for translation. I was trying to figure out why this file was flagged to send out for the other projects but not this particular one. On looking through the project files, it was not showing up. I was able get it back into the project by deleting the *.flsnp, *.skl, and *.xlf files from the Target folder and then re-running the project update in Lingo.

But today I just found another file that this happened to. What about all of the files that this could potentially be happening to that I don't stumble upon?