Some files not shown Lingo when updating project from Flares

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo

Some files not shown Lingo when updating project from Flares

Postby alexanderpeterson on Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:06 pm

We are having issues with some files (topics/snippets) that are not being shown in the Lingo project after the project has been updated with latest changes from Flare project (through Update Project function in Lingo).
The files in question are located in multiple different folders and there doesn't seem to be any pattern as to how/why they are "filtered out".

I did some tests where I created copies of some of these files in the Flare project (with exactly the same content but a different file name) and noted that these topics/snippets are then successfully transferred to Lingo. Then I tried removing the original copies of the files and renaming the new copies to the original files names. This test was not successful, the files were once again blocked in the update.

Is there some filter in Lingo that blocks certain file names and how do I deactivate it?
alexanderpeterson
Jr. Propeller Head
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:38 pm

Re: Some files not shown Lingo when updating project from Fl

Postby RobSwanson on Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:03 pm

We found this happening and have two possible fixes.
1. Delete the liprjdb3 file in the folder that the Lingo folder is in. This is not a danger because Lingo will recreate it when it opens. This often works except when it doesn't. Then,
2. Review the missing files to see if they have some verboten coding like ampersands or percent signs. Typically they'll throw and error, but there is no true "typically" with Lingo, which is buggy as all get out.

Good luck!
RobSwanson
Jr. Propeller Head
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:02 am

Re: Some files not shown Lingo when updating project from Fl

Postby alexanderpeterson on Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:09 pm

Thank you for your reply!

You confirmed my theory abut liprjdb3 file. I noted that it contained file paths to the filtered out files in question (among other information), which made me suspect that it might be causing the issue. I will try to remove it from my project to see if it helps. :)
alexanderpeterson
Jr. Propeller Head
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:38 pm


Return to MadCap Lingo General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests