Lingo and Trados 2021

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
ChrisP
Jr. Propeller Head

Lingo and Trados 2021

Post by ChrisP »

Hi all,
I have searched my issue in different forums and couldn't find anything related to it. Hopefully someone can help me here :)

I work for the translation/localization company and we have clients sending us work in Flare. To prep the files for translation and import the translation, we use a combination of Flare (2018 r2) and Lingo (10.2.6786.30644). Everything goes well, I import the Flare project in Lingo, create XLF bundles, I put the whole structure as is in Trados and send to translation. My problem occurs when I need to merge the bundles back in Lingo. If I generate the Lingo XLF with Trados 2015, the merge in Lingo works, but if I generate the files with Trados 2021, the merge in Lingo doesn't work. Doesn't matter in which version of Trados I prepare the files, I tried preparing the files in Trados 2015 and 2021 and the result is the same.

I am wondering if anyone is aware of any incompatibility with Lingo and Trados 2021. Is it because the version of Lingo is not recent enough?
I use the Default template in Trados to process the Lingo XLF files, would the problem be there?

I did compare an output of Trados 2015 and Trados 2021, and tags (important ones) are not present in the Trados 2021 version - see screenshot attached. If necessary I could compare more files and generate reports.

Thank you in advance for any input!

Best,
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BlueSkyM
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Lingo and Trados 2021

Post by BlueSkyM »

Hi

I found this article, which mentioned the "seg-source" tag. Maybe the setting mentioned in here could help you get the expected behaviour?

https://community.sdl.com/product-group ... sdl-studio

Best of luck.
rpa
Propeller Head

Re: Lingo and Trados 2021

Post by rpa »

I just wrote down my workaround to solve this problem in an other topic: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=33538&p=143979#p143979.

Hope it works for you too.