Update Lingo proj: deleted source files remain in Lingo proj

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
barbs
Propeller Head

Update Lingo proj: deleted source files remain in Lingo proj

Post by barbs »

Hello, perhaps someone else has run into this and can share some of their knowledge.

After exporting my Lingo project to Flare and building my Flare output, my build output log showed several "missing link" warnings that I was not expecting as there were none in the source Flare project when I updated my Lingo project a week ago. The files with the missing link warnings turned out to be files that had been deleted in the source Flare project almost a year ago. Updating the Lingo project a week ago of course caught all of the new and updated files, but I'm curious if there is some way to get it to delete the files that no longer exist in the source.

I can of course use Flare's analyzer tab to locate any "unused items" and delete them from the exported Flare project, but I was hoping there was a more automated way to have them deleted when I update the Lingo project to the source.

Thanks for reading!

Barb
Dafra08
Propeller Head

Re: Update Lingo proj: deleted source files remain in Lingo

Post by Dafra08 »

Just ran into the same issue. I have updated and changed a number of images, and deleting old ones in a different format. I chose to update the localised images when asked during the update of the project.

The old image files are still in the Lingo project with the status Completed, since the callouts had already been translated. I tried setting the status to Untranslated, if that was the reason, but the deleted file remained in the Lingo project anyway after update.

Does anyone know if this is the expected behaviour? That deleted files in the source Flare project are retained in the Lingo project?
Dafra08
Propeller Head

Re: Update Lingo proj: deleted source files remain in Lingo

Post by Dafra08 »

Turns out you have to answer ”no” to the question about updating localised images when updating the Lingo project for image files to be deleted. If you select Yes deleted files in Flare are not removed from Lingo. This was confirmed by support.