Export to Flare not working

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
KRzero
Jr. Propeller Head

Export to Flare not working

Post by KRzero »

Hello everybody,

I'am quite new to Lingo and now I have my first issue with regards to the Lingo export. I've imported a quite huge Flare project into Ligo first and then translated a few files only
(using TM db) for testing,. Finally I wanted to the export the project back to a new Flare project. What happens is that the export dialog appears, I can then specify the target file
name and directory and Lingo starts doing something for a few seconds. It then finishes the Export without any errors but the target directory remains empty. Am I missing something?
LingoExport.png
Any suggestions on this issue are highly appreciated.
We eare using Lingo V7 ang Flare 9.1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KRzero
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Export to Flare not working

Post by KRzero »

Nobody ever had this kind of problem with the Lingo to Flare Export??
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

It may be a silly question, but could it be that the new project was written to some other place? Have a look in the default location for Flare projects.
donpedro
Propeller Head

Post by donpedro »

Try searching for "liprjf" (either in the Windows 7 Search box or in Windows Explorer).
Then look in the Target-folder in your Lingo project (liprjf). There should be a Flare file there.

Yours,
Peter
jennlong
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by jennlong »

Hi,
We are having the same problem. If you solved the problem, please do share how!
Jenn
alt_jennifer
Propeller Head

Post by alt_jennifer »

The Flare project that you find in the Target folder of your Lingo project folder (.liprjf) is NOT the exported Flare project. It's the working Lingo version of the Flare project where Lingo will find it's translations. It's got some junk in there you don't need in your regular Flare project.

Have you tried just clicking that button, allowing Lingo to open it right away? That may seem like a really terrible, obvious question, but I'd thought I'd ask it.

I haven't really had to use Lingo 7 much, and I haven't run into this problem yet in any version. So I'm sorry, I can't really help! But I agree with Ramon S, could Lingo have misinterpreted the directory you selected? Searching for .flprj in all possible drives/folders, is the only thing I can think of. Otherwise, there may be some coding error in the Lingo project files that's causing the problem, but I don't know what it would be. MadCap Support would probably be the best to help you figure it out. :(
Jennifer Schudel
Localization Manager/Flare Operator
Advanced Language Translation / http://www.advancedlanguage.com
* MadCap Recommended Translation Vendor *