Does Lingo work with SDLX 2007?

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
RodWright
Jr. Propeller Head

Does Lingo work with SDLX 2007?

Post by RodWright »

Hi,

I'm new to Lingo, and to CAT tools in general, so this may be a naive question.

I'm using Lingo V8.0, and my translator is using SDLX 2007.

I have a Flare project, in English, that needs translating to Spanish.

I've created the Lingo project, and created a translation bundle, which I've sent to the translator. However, when I merge the translated bundle, the files display in Lingo as follows:
the left-hand column ('English') contains the translated (Spanish) text; the right-hand column ('Spanish') is empty. The status of the files remains as 'untranslated'.

Is there a way to get SDLX to work with Lingo so that the English segments are present in the translations, as well as the Spanish?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: Does Lingo work with SDLX 2007?

Post by kwag_myers »

I'm fairly new to Lingo too. But this forum doesn't get much traffic (notice how many of my threads have no response), so I'm guessing here. Try using Align (on the Tools ribbon). My guess it the SDLX file has some syntax in the header that's throwing the alignment of the English and Spanish segments off.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
RodWright
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Does Lingo work with SDLX 2007?

Post by RodWright »

Thanks for your response, and for pointing me to Align, which I hadn't noticed before. If all else fails, I may be able to use that as a workaround, but Lingo support say it should all just work. I've asked our translator to go back to their CAT vendor and see if they know what tweaks to use.