Bundle partially-translated file?

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
SaraPM
Propeller Head

Bundle partially-translated file?

Post by SaraPM »

We have some old documentation that I've brought into Flare and updated. Obviously, the old translations don't entirely match the new documentation, but about 75% is still good. I've brought the English into Lingo and entered translations for the places where it hasn't changed, but now I need to send JUST the new parts out to a translator.

Q: If I Prepare a Translation Bundle for the html files that are partially translated, what does the resulting bundle look like?
Will it be clear to our outside translator which terms still need to be translated and which are already done?

We don't have translation software (except for Lingo) in which to view the bundle, and I don't want to the translator to re-translate something that's already done, just the new segments.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: Bundle partially-translated file?

Post by kwag_myers »

Chances are, your translator service is using a tool very similar to Lingo and can see what is translated and what is not. However, I've found it best to notify the service when topics are partially translated and need updating. I have, on some occasions, manually listed all items which needed translation with reference numbers for each item. But only for a small project, as this is very labor intensive. I haven't been able to find a way to limit the bundle to only segments with Untranslated Status, but that would be a nice feature.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
SaraPM
Propeller Head

Re: Bundle partially-translated file?

Post by SaraPM »

Thanks. I'm seeing a feature request in the making...