WordPress XML

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

WordPress XML

Post by kwag_myers »

I'm trying to start a Lingo project with an XML file I exported from WordPress. However, Lingo gives me an error stating that the file is not a supported XML file. Does anyone have an idea why, or a workaround?
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: WordPress XML

Post by SteveS »

I'm guessing Wordpress is using proprietary XML in much the same manner as Madcap products.

Have you checked the XML code in a text editor? Look for tags that include 'wordpress' or other oddities. If you find any, you've found your problem.

You'll then need to find a workaround. I don't know if importing or copy/ paste into Flare will help, or trying the same in Word.

If not you might have to do a find/ replace on the offending tags either using third party software or within Flare.

HTH
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: WordPress XML

Post by kwag_myers »

Thanks for the reply. Yes, there are several <wp:...> tags. My workaround was to save the page source code from the published page. The resulting HTML page worked perfectly in Lingo. However, this isn't going to help me get my translated file back into WordPress. I was just hoping an XML by any name is still an XML and Lingo could handle it. Apparently, not.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard