How to reset the "Difference" information

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
TroyWells
Propeller Head

How to reset the "Difference" information

Post by TroyWells »

This has to be obvious, but I am an admitted newb for Lingo. I have updated a project that happens to be British English. I know what is showing is different is now up to date. How do I reset the items (even one at a time) so that they now show as "Equal" instead of "Different"?

Thanks!!
paulblusas
Propeller Head

Re: How to reset the "Difference" information

Post by paulblusas »

Yes, same question for me.

I don't know if you ever got an official reply from Madcap (but I would be interested to know what it was, if you did)

In our case the initial reported 'Difference' was due to imbalanced tags, but when these are fixed and 'balanced' to be the same in source and target, the topic is still not marked as 'Equal' - meaning that when an File > Update is done finding out which topics have real text differences amongst many that are marked as Different - but that actually have no text differences, and no mis-matched tags but as marked as 'Different' is somewhat annoying.

I'll submit a support ticket and see where it gets me anyway.
Paul B
------
LUSAS
TroyWells
Propeller Head

Re: How to reset the "Difference" information

Post by TroyWells »

Your difficulty seems to have a different cause than mine. The answer for me was that these are reset when you do your next Update Project, or at least they should be.

I agree with sometimes Lingo calling somethings different that I don't see as different, but often this is a change in formatting or something that does not affect the translation directly. Of course, even a change in formatting affects the translated string because it may affect where the formatting marks (e.g. <b> </b>) fall in the translated text. Sometimes it is a mystery why Lingo marked it as different.