Problems due to difference between TBX Basic and TBX Default

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Magdalene
Propeller Head

Problems due to difference between TBX Basic and TBX Default

Post by Magdalene »

Hi guys,

I have been using Lingo for a year for the management of a translation project. We maintain our terminology on Lingo, export several tbx files from Lingo, and provide them for our outside translators who use SDL TRADOS. In our translation process, we come up with a problem of the format of tbx.
Some translators claim that the data in the tbx created on Lingo corrupted. For example, several fields in the tbx are misplaced, some fields are missed, and so on.
Has anyone run into such problem? If so, is there any good solution for this problem?
I know Lingo uses TBX Basic and TRADOS uses TBX Default. Do we have to convert TBX Basic to TBX Default to work with TRADOS?
Last edited by Magdalene on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rpa
Propeller Head

Re: Problems due to difference between TBX Basic an TBX Default?

Post by rpa »

I'm struggeling with the same problem at the moment. Our translation agency is also using Trados and we are maintaining our termbase in Lingo. It seems that the problem is (as you already mentioned) because of the two differen tbx formats (basic and default). Furthermore, I didn't find a suitable tool to convert tbx basic into tbx default. Do know such a tool?

I sent MadCap a feature request asking them to implement the support of tbx default in the near future/as soon as possible. If you could do the same, we might rise our chances that it will be implemented soon.

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx