Lingo does not recognize a double-byte character in a cell

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Magdalene
Propeller Head

Lingo does not recognize a double-byte character in a cell

Post by Magdalene »

Hi all,

I have just run into a problem in segmentation of a double-byte character by Lingo V9.
When I translate a source htm in a Flare project (V9.1), I found that a double-byte character in table cells were ignored (no segment found on Lingo V9) thus it was untranslated, despite the presence of applicable translation pair in the TM in use.
Reviewing the source Flare project, I realized the same problem was observed in other double-byte characters of which description in text editor went as follows:

<td class="TableStyle-H_Basic-BodyE-ColumnCenter-Body1">
<p>×</p>
</td>

A double-byte character inside <p> tags are not recognized as the segment that requires translation on Lingo V9.
Trados recognizes the same double-byte code with no problem
Has anyone encountered this problem? Does anybody know good workaround?
marvin mallari
MadCap Staff

Re: Lingo does not recognize a double-byte character in a ce

Post by marvin mallari »

Hi Magdalene,

Are you able to replicate this behavior with other double-byte characters in a table? We will have support reach out to you to grab more information.

For a faster response you can report this as bug using the link below or in the Help ribbon (Help > Report a bug).

https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback/bugs.aspx

Regards,
Marvin
Magdalene
Propeller Head

Re: Lingo does not recognize a double-byte character in a ce

Post by Magdalene »

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for your advice. I am sorry for not replying to you soon.
Actually I have already sent a bug report to the customer support with a bundled project, and they were able to reproduce the problem.
The case is now handled as Bug report #99253.
So far I have found that the characters that cause this problem are double-byte symbols, such as white circle (Unicode hex: 25CB), em dash (Unicode hex: 2014) and the like.

Hope this bug will be solved in next version.