Does Lingo help with translating XREF text?

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Phlawm53
Sr. Propeller Head

Does Lingo help with translating XREF text?

Post by Phlawm53 »

------
I'm not a Lingo user. I did take a look at the product's Web page on madcapsoftware.com and didn't find an answer.

So -- does Lingo provide any assistance for the translation of cross-reference text such as the "page" text string in an xref of the form '{i}{paratext}{/i} on page {page}'?

Please also share any other experience regarding the translation of XREF formats in Flare.

Cheers & thanks for your help,
Riley
SFO
Paulie
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Does Lingo help with translating XREF text?

Post by Paulie »

I haven't used Lingo for a couple of years, but I believe the answer to your question is "Yes".

Lingo lets you translate the text within your style sheets, so you should be able to translate the cross reference text. Although, I'm not sure what will happen if you have not overridden the default cross reference text, as there won't be any text in your style sheet for Lingo to overwrite. For this particular edge case you might need to enter the default cross reference text to match the default that Flare provides, or edit the cross reference text after the translated Lingo project has been exported to Flare.
"In an ideal world, software should be simple, well designed, and completely intuitive to end users. In the real world, good documentation is king."