Image Export Problems from Lingo 9.5

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
yelwap
Jr. Propeller Head

Image Export Problems from Lingo 9.5

Post by yelwap »

I just upgraded to Lingo 9.5 and there now appears to be problem with certain images not exporting to Flare correctly. For example, here is a screenshot of the file info for an image in the Lingo project:
Capture.GIF
Now here is a screenshot of the same file after it has been exported to a Flare project:
Captur2.GIF
It has changed the image size, file size and the image is now a white box. I have another example of this happening with a .png file as well.

Has anyone run into a problem like this?

Thanks,
Jeff Pawley
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MiekieB
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Image Export Problems from Lingo 9.5

Post by MiekieB »

Hi

I experience the same problem. I just found out about an hour ago. A lot of my images in a Flare project have this problem, but not all. Strange, no idea what the difference is. After trying to find out why this happens I decided to take a look in the forum and found your post.

I decided to uninstall Lingo 9.5 and reinstalled 9.0.1 again. I exported my project one more time and the images now look fine again. So for now, my problem is solved, but it is not the solution obviously.

I suspect it is a bug. One of the new things in the 9.5 version is "localized image replacement for multilingual projects". Maybe it has something to do with it?

Annemiek
yelwap
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Image Export Problems from Lingo 9.5

Post by yelwap »

Annemiek, thanks for the feedback. It's good to know I am not the only one with this problem. I also went back to version 9.0.1 and the problem disappeared. Hopefully, in a day or two I'll have the time to post a bug report so Madcap can officially put it on the to fix list.

Thanks,
Jeff