Alternative Output Names for Translated Docs

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Jim
Propeller Head

Alternative Output Names for Translated Docs

Post by Jim »

Just getting started with Lingo over here.

My question is about output file names. Is there a way to set it up so that each language has its own suffix specifying the language? So, if I'm creating HTML Help output, it'd be something like:

Output-en.chm
Output-fr.chm
Output-ja.chm
Output-cz.chm

etc.

I can't seem to find a way to change it unless I manually go into the Target file after the translated language is exported and change it there. Any thoughts?
Uwe
Propeller Head

Re: Alternative Output Names for Translated Docs

Post by Uwe »

Jim,

the project is not compiled in Lingo, just exported from it after the translation has been completed. For the compiling of the final product aka the output you have to use Flare. In Flare you can define as you see fit.
Jim
Propeller Head

Post by Jim »

Yes, I understand that the compilation is done in Flare after the export. I'm trying to avoid having to change the target file in Flare every time I do an export of the project from Lingo. The problem is that Lingo exports the Target file from the source project, including its file name. So, every time I export, I open the exported project in Flare and manually change the output file name to whatever I want it to be.

It would be ideal if there's a way in Lingo to say "translate the output file name from Output.chm to Output-es.chm" BEFORE exporting the project into Flare.
Uwe
Propeller Head

Post by Uwe »

Jim,

now I understand. No, at this time there is no way for this and I am doing the same manual renaming.