Error when importing LIREV review package.

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Megan B_
Jr. Propeller Head

Error when importing LIREV review package.

Post by Megan B_ »

My colleague sent me a LIREV review package from Lingo (via email). I opened and reviewed said package in the free version of Contributor, saved the file, and sent it back to my colleague. We had previously done exactly this process with another review package with no problem, but this time when my colleague imported the review package back into his Lingo project, he got the error message "Failed to copy the seclected review package. Ensure the package is not in use by another program and try again".
Both my colleague and I made sure the file was and is not open or in use by any other program but every time he tries to import the package he gets the same error message. We've tried ten ways to Sunday to fix the problem to no avail. My colleague even BOUGHT Contributor and tried to resave the file in his Contributor program (there was no error message for the file in Contributor), under the assumption that it was a problem with my free version of Contributor. He was supposed to deliver the work over a week ago and I'm all out of ideas. Please help?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Error when importing LIREV review package.

Post by RamonS »

First things that come to mind are antivirus which may scan the file when it is accessed and places a file lock, file is in a network share or a local folder where Lingo has insufficient rights to, there is indeed something wrong with the review package and Lingo throws an error that indicates an issue that is caused by something other than the file being used.
If none of these items are the cause or if you already covered this in your tries the best bet is to contact MadCap support. I am sure they can assist you with this.