Lingo 10

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Uwe Schwenk
Propeller Head

Lingo 10

Post by Uwe Schwenk »

I implemented Lingo 10 and so far the main advantage I have seen is a considerably improved processing speed. I will go through other parts step by step and let you know if I run into issues.
Uwe Schwenk
L10N Coordinator
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Re: Lingo 10

Post by SteveS »

Thanks, Uwe.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes :D
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
Uwe Schwenk
Propeller Head

Post by Uwe Schwenk »

Well, I just completed the preparation of 700K word project for translation and everything went smoothly. We will see when I get the translation back...

I also wrapped another project and I was able to use the batch replace image feature for the localized images. This works great. That in itself is worth it to upgrade to 10.
Uwe Schwenk
L10N Coordinator
Uwe Schwenk
Propeller Head

Re: Lingo 10 one Bug encountered

Post by Uwe Schwenk »

Having used Lingo 10 now quite extensively so far there was only one bug encountered and this refers to the Dutch language in a termbase. Everything can be imported but if you attempt to export the sae terms, it will fail at the end. This was forwarded to support and they are able to re-produce it but were unable to find the root cause. For now, I will attempt to create two small Dutch termbases and see how this works.

Other than that I did not encounter any problems.
Uwe Schwenk
L10N Coordinator
Uwe Schwenk
Propeller Head

Post by Uwe Schwenk »

Well its offical. SDL Studio has been removed and the implementation of Lingo is completed. Now its just some fine-tuning...
Uwe Schwenk
L10N Coordinator