How to add new language to existing Lingo Project?

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
WayneC
Propeller Head

How to add new language to existing Lingo Project?

Post by WayneC »

Is it possible to add a new language to an existing Lingo 10 project?
WayneC
Propeller Head

Re: How to add new language to existing Lingo Project?

Post by WayneC »

Ignore the above question - it's done via the Project Properties Dialog. Just wasn't working for me because I had a bundle out for translation.
MunchMan
Propeller Head

Post by MunchMan »

Hi Wayne, so if you merge in the bundle you created to send out, will it take everything out of "out for translation" status and then you can add a language? I have multiple docs in my project; I NEVER have everything translated, different docs are always in different states, so I can NEVER add a language. Or is there a hack to get around this?
oleksandr_kokoshyn
Propeller Head

Post by oleksandr_kokoshyn »

MunchMan, I have axactly the same issue. Have you found a workaround?
MunchMan
Propeller Head

Post by MunchMan »

I have pinged a contact I made at Madcap from a MadWorld conference and he's checking into it. As far as I know, it is "by design" that you can't add a language if anything is "out for translation". B/c my recently-created project (b/c I had to add a language!) had only three exported bundles so far, I merged them back in (no target values, just what I sent to the translator) and Surprise, now I could add a language. However, by doing that it revisited all my content and now every single topic I painstakingly verified and marked Complete was now flagged as something else, and many, many target segments are blank, even though NOTHING CHANGED and the terms are in my TM. Most terms appear when I click in the empty target field; some do not. Frustrating. I'll post any new info I get here.