Crash on Update Project (NullReference DotNet Error)

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo

Crash on Update Project (NullReference DotNet Error)

Postby Cwestpha on Tue May 23, 2017 11:52 am

Today I had a crash each time I attempted to update my Lingo project with new and changed files. I am not sure what caused it, but I suspect that it has something to do with my Title topic that is almost entirely variables.

My update would proceed until the "Applying Differences File" stage at which point I would get the oh-so-unhelpful NullReferenceException error. Lingo would then report quantities of new and changed files but not actually apply the changes.

This Lingo project was configured to use a specific Flare target at the project level and I managed to get by with the following work around:

  1. Open the Project Properties.
  2. Select Flare Settings.
  3. Set Filter by Target to All Targets. Note this will cause translation statuses to reset.
  4. Click OK and allow the Lingo Project to Update.
  5. Run Update Project.
  6. Set Filter by Target back to the desired Target. Note this will cause translation statuses to reset.
  7. Click OK and allow the Lingo Project to Update.
Once I did this Update Project worked until I again futzed around with my suspect topic, at which point I had to Shake and Bake again as above.
Cwestpha
Propeller Head
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Crash on Update Project (NullReference DotNet Error)

Postby Johanna on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:37 am

It looks like I have the same problem. I will check it as my topic title does not have variables. I will try your workaround.
Indeed it is cumbersome but better than being blocked.
Johanna
Propeller Head
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:08 am


Return to MadCap Lingo General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest