Lingo displays [%=System.LinkedTitle%] instead of file name

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
JBrown
Propeller Head

Lingo displays [%=System.LinkedTitle%] instead of file name

Post by JBrown »

Lingo not displaying "Synchronize TOC" titles correctly, only displays "[%=System.LinkedTitle%]" when trying to navigate through a TOC for translating.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Lingo displays [%=System.LinkedTitle%] instead of file n

Post by Nita Beck »

I suspect that the version of Lingo you're using (which might even be the latest version) doesn't yet know how to interpret System.LinkedTitle variables in TOC, an enhancement introduced in a recent version of Flare (I forget which). But there's nothing to translate anyway. In the translated Flare project, Flare will grab the translated headings from the topics to populate the TOC with.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
JBrown
Propeller Head

Post by JBrown »

MadCap Fail, this entire 2017 release is plagued with issues.
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

JBrown wrote:MadCap Fail, this entire 2017 release is plagued with issues.
But this is not an issue with Flare 2017 r2. Rather, it's that Lingo has not yet caught up with Flare. MadCap releases Lingo on a different schedule, historically. There is nothing "wrong" with the TOC file, and as I said in my original post, there is nothing that needs to be translated anyway, except that one TOC entries that isn't using the variable. When you pull the translated files into the "new-language" project in Flare, Flare will substitute the TOC entries with the translated headings from the topics.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!