Managing versions

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Jbleasdale
Propeller Head

Managing versions

Post by Jbleasdale »

How does lingo handle versioning content?

I have a Flare project with circa 125,000 words. We are about to get this translated to Chinese to start with, then Japanese and South Korean.

If we do the initial translation, how do you go about translating V2, V3 and so on? Is there a way of only exporting changes since x date from flare? Or do I need to re-export the whole project again 3 months down the line?

Also, we use BitBucket & Tortoise for source control, whats the best way to deal with Lingo source control?

Insights on other peoples workflow would be appreciated.
Joe Bleasdale

My Linkedin

Uwe Schwenk
Propeller Head

Re: Managing versions

Post by Uwe Schwenk »

In regards to versioning, I created a little write-up under viewtopic.php?f=40&t=29067, which might help. As for source control Lingo does at this time only support Perforce, TFS and GIT. YOu might have to get creative there.
Uwe Schwenk
L10N Coordinator
Jbleasdale
Propeller Head

Post by Jbleasdale »

Thats great, thanks Uwe.

I think source control should be OK, as I am not expecting to use any of the internal features. Its the same in my Flare project, its in a repo but I don't use the functionality within flare to control it - thats what Tortoise is for.

I'm led to believe that with Lingo 10, you don't need to export a whole Flare project anymore... you only have to link the Lingo project to the Flare project in the target... is that right?
Joe Bleasdale

My Linkedin

Uwe Schwenk
Propeller Head

Post by Uwe Schwenk »

Yes you can do that but I recommend that you look into item 5 in the link below http://help.madcapsoftware.com/flare201 ... agesTarget.
Uwe Schwenk
L10N Coordinator