Changing external links/links between projects in Lingo

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Daniela Kummer
Jr. Propeller Head

Changing external links/links between projects in Lingo

Post by Daniela Kummer »

I'm testing Lingo (10) right now to see if it would be useful for our projects/Translations.

The thing is, we have a lot of links to other topics located in other guides (read: other projects), which means even if all file names and the folder structures are the same, inadvertently, there has to be a "switch" somewhere in that link from one output folder to the other output folder corresponding to the specific language.
For example: "online_guide\html\nl\en\Output\Content\topic_abc.html" switching to "online_guide\html\nl\de\Output\Content\topic_abc.html" (those have to be file links because of the structure of our online guide, which is build by eclipse)

I have looked through the forum and have found this post: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=27406&p=120842&hil ... go#p120842, which is not encouraging.
I have also tried to find any way to change a link within Lingo so the actual link (href) would be part of the translation, but I have had no luck so far.
Can Links (hrefs) be changed/edited in Lingo in any way to basically link to a different target?
Any help here would be very appreciated, as this is a big deciding factor whether we will be able to use Lingo or not.

We also have some links to external web pages, which would also have to be changed to link to the corresponding language on that external page. So basically the same problem.
But someone might be searching the forum for it or even have a solution that would work for both.
awinnefeld
Propeller Head

Re: Changing external links/links between projects in Lingo

Post by awinnefeld »

I would also be interested in this, especially in the latter part of the question - what to do with language dependent links to external web pages? Basically, I need a way to insert a link to something like website.com/myfancywebsite in the English version, but to website.com/meinetolleseite in the German version. In the worst case scenario, I could just default to English language links, but I would really be thankful for a better solution :?