Bundle Won't Merge

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Madeline
Propeller Head

Bundle Won't Merge

Post by Madeline »

I've got two bundles that have been returned by our translation agency and one merges and the other one doesn't. They both have the same file structure but with one I get the following log messages:

<LogEntry
File="../Target/Content/TechDocs/Current Projects/11700650_Mogyi/AST/Operation/Operator Control.htm.xlf"
Message="Unable to find Operator Control.htm.xlf in BOTH the current project and this bundle (no matching translations found)."
LineIndex="-1"
CharIndex="-1"
Subsystem="Bundle Merger"
ErrorID="-1"></LogEntry>
<LogEntry
File="../Target/Content/TechDocs/Current Projects/11700650_Mogyi/AST/Safety/Image Auger Lock SS.htm.xlf"
Message="Unable to find Image Auger Lock SS.htm.xlf in BOTH the current project and this bundle (no matching translations found)."
LineIndex="-1"
CharIndex="-1"
Subsystem="Bundle Merger"
ErrorID="-1"></LogEntry>
etc

The files are there so I'm not sure what to do next?

Any help appreciated.
MunchMan
Propeller Head

Re: Bundle Won't Merge

Post by MunchMan »

Something changed :). I've seen that error before too, usually b/c I updated my Lingo project off the Flare project after I sent the bundle out, then what comes back doesn't match. Try this: build a new bundle, then open two File Explorer windows and compare the problem topics in what you just made and what you received back. If it's in both, try dumping the translated (TL) XLFs into your new bundle and merging that one. Also, see if what it's complaining about is even an issue; if you got a TL'd topic back that you've since deleted, it'll pop that error, but it doesn't matter, right? If you open the topic it mentions and there's no translations, open that XLF (if your TL house didn't send it, there's your problem) in Notepad and see if it includes translations; maybe they skipped it.
kristinsf
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kristinsf »

Or try comparing the structure of the bundle you sent out with the one you received. I just had the same issue; the translator had left off the top-level folder when returning the files, so Lingo didn't recognize the file structure. With the top-level folder added back in, the merge was fine. Thanks to MadCap Support for this tip!
Madeline
Propeller Head

Post by Madeline »

Thanks guys. One bundle not merging was due to a folder missing the file structure. The other one did merge after I sent the issue onto Madcap Support which was strange but solved the issue.