Bundle merge - no relevant files found - folder structure OK

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Dave1975
Propeller Head

Bundle merge - no relevant files found - folder structure OK

Post by Dave1975 »

Hi everyone,

I merged an XLIFF bundle with 10 languages into Lingo. Worked fine, except for Danish.

Lingo error log shows file list and says they cannot be found in the source nor in the target folders.

When clicking further I got the message "no relevant files found".

Troubleshooting done:
Danish XLIFFs were definitely supplied by the agency in the overall zip.
XLIFFS are ok both content as structure wise.
Folder structure of the imported XLIFF folders is the same as the source.

I also would like to point out that in my opinion that last part doesn't really play a role anyway. The agency for some reason embedded zipps in zipps and Lingo first was not able to handle that. In Total Commander I simply extracted ALL XLIFF files of all languages and put everything in one zipped folder, so without any subfolder structures, and merged in Lingo. Everything went fine, except for Danish, but there I got the error in both cases, so merging with folder structure and without.

I'm pretty sure I'm overlooking something but I don't know what...

thanks for any input you might have.

best regards

Dave
Dave1975
Propeller Head

Re: Bundle merge - no relevant files found - folder structur

Post by Dave1975 »

I reported the issue at Madcap Support, currently under investigation
raejohnston
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Bundle merge - no relevant files found - folder structur

Post by raejohnston »

I've had a similar issue.

I've done the standard troubleshooting but one thing I noticed is that in the file list, the files I sent for translation (and that I now have back in my bundle) all now have a status of 'untranslated' .The files I DIDN'T send for translation, such as images, have a status of 'Sent for Translation'. It's like somehow the two statuses got flipped around. I've not touched Lingo since prepping the outgoing bundle so it's not something I could have done accidentally.

I definitely didn't send a bunch of .png files and no topics to the translator in my outbound bundle, otherwise there would be no translated topics in my inbound bundle - and my translated topics are all there, I just can't import them.

So that's odd.