Lingo duplicates TMX entries

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
MunchMan
Propeller Head

Lingo duplicates TMX entries

Post by MunchMan »

After a few years, my Lingo project wouldn't export anymore, just popped numerous cryptic errors about unreadable JPGs and PROPS (like, why are you trying to read a JPG anyway, Lingo?) and stalled out. Since it also wouldn't let me add a new language, I started a new project (that took a day!) and choose the TM. When I open a topic, all the translation targets are empty, so I use "Translate project with TM" to populate everything, which fills in MOST of them. Some segments that haven't changed for three years it leaves blank, then when I click in the empty field, it finds it in TM Suggestions anyway, and I double-click to pop it in, but it still calls it Unverified (red). When I click in the target field and hit Enter to verify it, I get the check mark, but also now two identical entries in the TM Suggestions tab, even though I have the "Update translations with identical source" and "Update segments with context matches" options checked. Both the same source, both the same translation (cuz one just came from the other!). Now I have to go delete one: click, delete, Enter, a thousand times over across my project. NOTHING CHANGED in these segments; Lingo seems to see ghosts. Is there any way to STOP this behavior, so I don't have to click into all these segment and then clear the duplicate TMX entry?
OS_Loc
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Lingo duplicates TMX entries

Post by OS_Loc »

Is there really no solution for this? I'm having the same problem... Every time I change something in a segment, Lingo will save it as a new translation unit in the TM instead of updating/overwriting the existing one. :roll: