File names with periods // Bug

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
josecotes
Jr. Propeller Head

File names with periods // Bug

Post by josecotes »

Hi all,

I found what I believe is a bug in Lingo. This Flare project have files which have periods in their file name:
1.png
When I create the Lingo project, all seems good. If you try to look at the content of, i.e., file "1.1 Introduction and Safety.htm" it seems to display all the strings to translate (105 in this case):
2.png
The problem occurs once you create a bundle. I selected XLIFF bundle and added all my files. Immediately, the content of "1.1 Introduction and Safety.htm" gets replaced with the content of "1.0 Chapter 1 TOC.htm". The XLIFF that it is actually exported seems fine and has all the content in it, but when you try to merge that bundle, the correct file doesnt get populated and you end up with an unusable project:
3.png
The obvious short-term solution is to rename files with periods in them, and replace them by a dash, but we get a lot of projects like this from different clients, so it is just a patch.

Any help will be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oleksandr_kokoshyn
Propeller Head

Re: File names with periods // Bug

Post by oleksandr_kokoshyn »

Hi,

I had a similar issue and the MadCap support has confirmed that this is a bug.
The bug reference number: 149664.

In my case, Lingo did not pull files with dots in filenames from Flare when filenames were longer than 100 characters. But generally it looks like Lingo does not handle filenames with dots well.