Translating/processing only 1 Flare target

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Dave1975
Propeller Head

Translating/processing only 1 Flare target

Post by Dave1975 »

Hi,

I manage a multilingual online help system for 3 different machine software platforms. Due to the way our machine software picks up the online help content from Flare through source control, I need to have a structure with one folder per language in which the translated Flare projects sit.

In each Flare project I have 3 targets for the different machine softwares which get built automatically on the server.

Issue I have is that not all targets in a project are translated in one go. If I now update the Lingo project with changes in the source Flare project and have 1 target translated, the files from the other two targets in the translated Flare project get overwritten by the english files of those targets in the source project (if that makes sense...)

How can I tackle this? One way would be to copy only the translated files from the exported Flare project into the existing language projects but that is quite tedious.

I guess that the underlying problem is that even if you select a target to import into Lingo, the tool will also import (and then later on export) all other files or am I mistaken?

thank you

grtz

David