Missing Images in Transltated Topics

This Forum is for general issues about MadCap Lingo
Crystal_DCI
Jr. Propeller Head

Missing Images in Transltated Topics

Post by Crystal_DCI »

I am new to Madcap Flare and Lingo, so it is totally possible that I did something wrong to cause this issue.

I have a project that I had translated. There are two images (out of about 20) that do not display in my PDF target. Both are a table cell. I have tried it in four languages and they all have the same two images missing. Missing as in a white space, not the "missing file" message. I have tried:
[*]Replacing the missing image in the .htm file from the original folder
[*]Resizing the image
[*]Confirmed no conditions are applied to the images
[*]Changed the file type
[*]Reset the PDF Options to "Compression: Automatic:

Any suggestions are welcome! I am at my wit's end!
awinnefeld
Propeller Head

Re: Missing Images in Transltated Topics

Post by awinnefeld »

I assume these are images that you have localized with Lingo? One of my >100 localized images just vanished when I exported to Flare and created the output - no "missing file", just a white space where the image should be. I couldn't point out anything that was particular to that image that might have caused the problem. It was totally random.

I went back to Lingo, selected "Batch Replace images", selected the missing image (that was still displayed as localized), chose "Reset selected cells" and set the localized image again. After a fresh export to Flare I am not any wiser but the image is there. Not sure if this will work for you, but maybe its worth a try.