How to remove links from a project

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
rebecca_w
Jr. Propeller Head

How to remove links from a project

Post by rebecca_w »

Hi,

I have a project with imported (linked) snippets and variables.
Since this project needs to be translated, I would like to remove all links from the project (to avoid the English snippets constantly being re-imported into the translated project).

Is there an easy way to remove all links from 1 project in 1 go?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Rebecca
doloremipsum
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: How to remove links from a project

Post by doloremipsum »

I feel like you shouldn't have to do this, but I'm not sure how your translation workflow differs from mine. It should be as simple as deleting the import file in the translated project, or modifying it so that it doesn't grab the filetypes you don't want. But you do still need a way to update the translated snippets when the English snippets are updated.

The 'correct' solution is probably to translate the snippets in the parent project and import those into the child project instead, but depending on how your projects are set up it might be difficult to identify which snippets in the parent need to be translated for this particular child project.

I handle it differently by exporting to a specific new translated project from Lingo, like so:
Global_En -> Child_En -> Lingo -> Child_Fr

The Child_Fr project is only updated from Lingo, not directly from the Global project, so any updated snippets go through the translation process first.
in hoc foro dolorem ipsum amamus, consectimur, adipisci volumus.