Import overwriting stylesheet?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Import overwriting stylesheet?

Post by cayennep »

I 'pointed' an import to the main stylesheet for the project, but that stylesheet shows as updated today (did not make any changes) and pretty sure the import overwrite the stylesheet.

Still investigating and have a ticket with Madcap (tho they cannot do anything about many of flare's snafus where something is lost) but has anybody else had this experience?

Thanks for any tips
DarcieC
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Import overwriting stylesheet?

Post by DarcieC »

In the Import Microsoft Word Wizard, I have been having a recurring issue. Not always, but sometimes, when I import one or more Word documents, and I choose from the Styles section to associate my one and only stylesheet in my project to the documents (so I can map the styles in the Word documents to the styles I have created in my Styles.css stylesheet), Flare decides to delete my style sheet altogether from my project (it gets deleted from my C drive on my computer)! I have called them twice already about this matter, and it's happening again right now, so I will call them a third time. The style sheet gets deleted, and Flare's Import Wizard screen freezes on the "Delete Progress" dialog box. At no point did I ask Flare to delete anything.

I think it's a bug. I will let you know if they are able to help me resolve this issue, and/or if they finally recognize this as a bug that needs attention. This will be the THIRD time I have to unbind my project from Central, make a copy of my project, and add it back to my local computer. It's a pain.
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cayennep »

ah, thanks for this! got a totally vague repeat of the 'help' when I asked some very specific questions

I'm pretty sure my stylesheet got overwritten and broken. From now on, think I will back up the stylesheet before doing word imports, then put it back. It is NOT supposed to work like this, and didn't previously - if an import created a new stylesheet, it was (correctly) named with the import, so it was easy to find and delete. Now the window always shows 'Main_stylesheet' as one of the imported files, which is totally wrong.

Not using central but this has popped up recently for me too.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

We only have one main stylesheet which is stored in a separate Flare project that we import into all our normal projects. If you did that, then you'd get your stylesheet back by importing your Globals project again. Just a suggestion. :)
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
cayennep
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cayennep »

right, there are many ways to back up my stylesheet to prevent flare from breaking it - my point is this should not be happening, esp with no transparency