Help with Importing HTML Files Decompiled From .chm File?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
acluther
Jr. Propeller Head

Help with Importing HTML Files Decompiled From .chm File?

Post by acluther »

Hello, all! I'm hoping that you can help me solve a perplexing problem with importing HTML files into Flare 6.1.0.

I received a batch of HTML files that were decompiled from a Flare .chm file using CHM Decoder software. When I try to import these files and compile them into a new .chm file, the new .chm is riddled with script and stack overflow errors.

I looked at the actual HTML code for the files and noticed that it is vastly different from the code used in functional HTML files, so I was wondering if something happened during the decompiling process that changed the code. Is it possible to import these files in a way that restores the HTML to something more Flare friendly?

Unfortunately, the original HTML files that composed the .chm file seem to have been lost to the passage of time, so going back to them and making changes isn't an option.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!
i-tietz
Propellus Maximus

Re: Help with Importing HTML Files Decompiled From .chm File?

Post by i-tietz »

Flare 7 has a menu item for that File | Import Project | Import HTML Help File (CHM)? ... Don't know about Flare 6 anymore ...

You could use the HTML Help Workshop - you get it from Microsoft.

And: I have a zip tool that can decompile CHMs - you would have to make a new project and copy the files and the necessary folder structure into a Flare project ... is not comfortable, but possible ...
Inge____________________________
"I need input! - Have you got input?"