Import file pick up new DITA topics?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
khitchcock
Jr. Propeller Head

Import file pick up new DITA topics?

Post by khitchcock »

I am working on a DITA project where topics are constantly added to the directory I have tied to the import file. When I try to add topic files to the Import, only a "reimport" button is available, and when I reimport, it recreates brand new topics (Folder_privileges1) instead of updating the ones that have already been imported, and then imports the new files.

Is there a way to just have the import pick up the new topics? The Help indicates that "Import" should be available when adding new files, but I am not seeing it.
khitchcock
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Import file pick up new DITA topics?

Post by khitchcock »

I was able to figure this part out - it will import the new topics when I generate output (not completely optimal, but at least it works).

The problem I am encountering now, though, is that it will recreate new snippet files for my conrefs, and then not be able to reference an invidual snippet, but the entire conref file. So instead of having one entry from a conreffed list of product names, I get the entire list in the normal flow of text, and I now have 11 versions of the same snippet in my Content Explorer.

Anyone else using DITA ran into this issue?
JeromeR
Propeller Head

Re: Import file pick up new DITA topics?

Post by JeromeR »

Hi @khitchcock

I have no answer to your question, but your post raises this question:
  • Where oh where is the Reimport button you mention?
My question is part of a larger question that I will probably post shortly—first I'm checking whether it's been asked and answered before.