Easy way to un-link all linked project resources?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
Phlawm53
Sr. Propeller Head

Easy way to un-link all linked project resources?

Post by Phlawm53 »

How can I efficiently un-link a Flare 8 project's imported resources and files so that the project becomes an un-linked, completely stand-alone project?

Project A imports a variety of shared resources from Project B via an import definition file (.flimpfl file name extension). In Project A, Flare identifies each file that Project A imports from Project B by adding a small link to each imported file's icon.

So far, so good.

Now I want Project A to become a completely un-linked, stand-alone project.

So far, the only way I've figured out to achieve this is by manually opening each linked file in Project A, making a change to cause Flare to display the Linked Document dialog, selecting Remove the link and continue the operation and clicking OK, undoing the change I made simply to display the Remove the link… dialog, then Save-ing the file in Project A. (Whew! Lots of steps!)

Surely there's some better way to quickly un-link ALL of Project A's linked resources?

Cheers & thanks,
Riley
SFO
Phlawm53
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Easy way to un-link all linked project resources?

Post by Phlawm53 »

Well I believe I've found one way to accomplish this.

In the Flare project, in Project Organizer —> Imports, delete any and all Import files (.flimpfl file name extension).

Flare's import process evidently works by bringing imported files into the destination Project, then tagging/identifying them as linked resources. Deleting a target project's import definition appears to leave the files in the destination project as ordinary (as in non-linked) files.

For good measure, for each Target in the project, in the General tab I selected Disable auto-synch of all import files.

Seems to be working…

Cheers & hope this helps,
Riley
SFO
Wendy F
Propeller Head

Re: Easy way to un-link all linked project resources?

Post by Wendy F »

So I deleted the Import files and selected the Disable auto-sync option in the targets, and the files still are linked! Is there something else that I can do?

Thanks,
Wendy