RoboHelp Import Cleanup and Default.css Mapping

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
Jess77
Sr. Propeller Head

RoboHelp Import Cleanup and Default.css Mapping

Post by Jess77 »

I have been searching this forum for best practices regarding the clean up required in Flare after importing from RoboHelp. I do not have the option of doing cleanup in RoboHelp but I do have Analyzer.

Can anyone recommend a blog post or a previous post here (that I haven't been able to find) that summarizes the major cleanup tasks that need to be done after importing from RoboHelp? I've been slowly putting together a checklist based on what I have found here on the forum and through my own experiments, but it never hurts to check and see if there is a resource somewhere.

Also, has anyone figured out a way to map styles from the default.css to the styles.css? When I run the report in Analyzer, most of the Undefined Styles are from default.css and I would love to map them to the new (and better) styles in styles.css in bulk rather than one by one.

Thanks for your help!
Jessica N.
Certified MadCap Advanced Developer for Flare
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: RoboHelp Import Cleanup and Default.css Mapping

Post by NorthEast »

If you just need to change the style class (not tag), then it's just a simple find and replace (in source code) from class="x" to class="y".

If you need to change HTML tags, e.g. p.heading1 to h1, then you can't do that in Flare, as there's no reliable way to change a pair of opening and closing tags (<p class="heading1> and </p>).

For this type of work, I use FAR HTML, which is a great find/replace tool. I've used it for tidying many projects, e.g. to reformat imported FrameMaker projects, and migrate projects from one stylesheet to another.
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I second the recommendation for FAR HTML - very powerful and straightforward.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
Jess77
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Jess77 »

Thanks for the tip. I downloaded Far5, added my files, and have been running tests. How did you use it to map stylesheets? Do you find and replace text from the old style to the new? That's the only thing I can think of; I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Jessica N.
Certified MadCap Advanced Developer for Flare
vshreiner
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by vshreiner »

Does anyone have a list of cleanup tasks for importing a RoboHelp Project into Flare?
I'm just starting out with Flare and have several RoboHelp projects to import.
Thanks
Oliver Worcester
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Oliver Worcester »

vshreiner wrote:Does anyone have a list of cleanup tasks for importing a RoboHelp Project into Flare?
I'm just starting out with Flare and have several RoboHelp projects to import.
Thanks
Did you get any help with this? I am now just starting the import process from Robohelp to Flare.
Any advice welcome.