Reset Table Style for all tables

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Reset Table Style for all tables

Post by WebHelpppp »

Is there a tool that I can run to reset the table style on all tables in my project and then apply my table style to all tables?
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Reset Table Style for all tables

Post by Nita Beck »

I'm not aware of one. My hunch is that there will be some many uniquenesses to the tables (varying number of columns, of rows) that the only option might be, on a table-by-table basis, to use Flare's Reset Table Style command and then apply the desired table style. Tedious work, I know.

Of course, I could be wrong and code-savvier cohorts may offer something more robust.

In any case, if you do find such as a tool to reset the table styles in one operation, be sure to back up the entire project first. MUCH could go awry.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

Is it possible to create a new table stylesheet and use a text editor to overwrite (copy and paste) your existing style sheet? That would return your table styles to the default properties.

Of course, back-up before you take an extreme step...
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.
emsachs
Propeller Head

Post by emsachs »

You could do a search and replace in source. Go to Home > Find and Replace in Files and select "Find in source code". Then for each style you want to replace do the following two searches:

Search for Resources/TableStyles/OldTableStyle.css
Replace with Resources/TableStyles/MyTableStyle.css (where MyTableStyle is the style you want)

Search for class="TableStyle-OldTableStyle"
Replace with class="TableStyle-MyTableStyle"

I would try this out on a single file first, then open it in the XML editor and see if it is okay. Then you can search and replace across the whole project.

If you have a lot of old table styles and are brave about regular expressions, you can use a text editor such as Notepad++ to search and replace all table types at once.
WebHelpppp
Propeller Head

Post by WebHelpppp »

The Find and Repace OldtableStyle.css with NewTableStyles.css seems to work, so far it doesn't look like it broke anything. :) Thanks!
mimisc
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mimisc »

It's built in and pretty easy. Steps: http://www.uaeurope.com/articles/TablesMadCapFlare.html