Inkscape SVG

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
paul_tracey
Jr. Propeller Head

Inkscape SVG

Post by paul_tracey »

Hi all
I always have problems with inkscape versions of SVG. Strange blocks appearing, text becoming a solid block. Has anyone found a simple solution for this? or any other illustrator alternatives that are not too expensive?

SVG's from Visio work fine always have. Importing Inkscape SVGs and saving as SVG from Visio can also work. Not so keen on doing this though frankly.
Ideally I would'nt be altering the XML, but if you happen to know what tags cause the problems I would be extremely interested to hear.
I did a trial of Xara - and its SVG's worked fine also (though, I really prefer the Inkscape UI to Xara).

thanks
--
Paul
King_Haggard
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Inkscape SVG

Post by King_Haggard »

Some of my Inkscape SVGs could not be loaded by FLARE while others were fine. This might help:
1. Try to save as an optimized SVG. Inkscape might tell you if it encounters problems. In my case there were leftover <flowRoot> tags from flow text elements.
2. Look at the SVG file using your text editor. There might be other strange tags or lines of code that prevent FLARE from using the file.
3. Test if the SVG is dispayed a) after a restart or b) noetheless in the output. Somethimes a browser seems to have less problems than FLARE.