Frame Import Error Message

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
Jannie
Propeller Head

Frame Import Error Message

Post by Jannie »

I am a Flare 11 user. I need to import some Framemaker documents, so IS installed Framemaker 2015. I prepared the Framemaker docs for importing. However, I am getting the attached error message when I attempt to import the Framemaker documents from Project > Import > Import Framemaker documents.
Anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem?
Thanks!
ErrorMessage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Frame Import Error Message

Post by RamonS »

I vaguely recall that the order of installation might matter due to the way some registry entries and settings are read. Try installing FM first and then Flare...since that isn't a five second fix you might want to hold off on some better suggestions.
Jannie
Propeller Head

Post by Jannie »

Thanks Ramon.
I am hoping there is an easier fix. :-)
pcartee
Propeller Head

Post by pcartee »

I'm having the same problem, getting an error when trying to import FrameMaker files. I've tried to reinstall both applications without any success. Did MadCap ever get back to you with a solution?

Paul
It's all about the journey, and the journey is Jiujitsu.
Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

Post by Louise Bennett »

I have just encountered this error using FM 2019 and Flare 2018R2. Did anyone get a resolution?
cdschroeder
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cdschroeder »

Louise Bennett wrote:I have just encountered this error using FM 2019 and Flare 2018R2. Did anyone get a resolution?
I don't have personal experience in this area, but there was a more recent post regarding this issue - apparently FrameMaker 2019 isn't supported: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30998

Fortunately, it sounds like downloading an old version (even just the trial) worked for them.
Casey

Louise Bennett
Propeller Head

Post by Louise Bennett »

Thanks Casey.

I heard back from support overnight that 2019 wasn't supported (as you said). So I downloaded FM2017 and was still unable to import UNTIL I opened both apps in Administrator mode (right-click each App icon and choose Run as Administrator). Then it worked perfectly.

To save having to run as administrator for every session, you can change the settings for each app by doing this:

1. Right-click the application icon, select properties
2. Open the security tab
3. Select the Advanced button towards the bottom right
4. In the settings window that pops up, select Change Permissions
5. Make sure your user profile has granted the application full control

Thanks to Denise Vega in Flare Support for the tip :)
shizzo
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by shizzo »

Did anyone find a fix for this, or even MadCap?
I am running Frame 2019 and Flare 2019, and during the trial, I ran into the error, sent the project to MadCap, they fixed, and then Frame Import worked.

Now, I bough a Flare license, and previously had tested a Frame Import and it worked.

Now, on the same system, noting changed. the FrameMaker error appears again.

Windows 10, Frame 2019, Flare 2019.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RyanLang
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by RyanLang »

shizzo wrote:Did anyone find a fix for this, or even MadCap?
I am running Frame 2019 and Flare 2019, and during the trial, I ran into the error, sent the project to MadCap, they fixed, and then Frame Import worked.

Now, I bough a Flare license, and previously had tested a Frame Import and it worked.

Now, on the same system, noting changed. the FrameMaker error appears again.

Windows 10, Frame 2019, Flare 2019.
I am also having the same problem. Will this be fixed in the future? If so how far into the future?
SteveS
Senior Propellus Maximus
Location: Adelaide, far side of the world ( 34°56'0.78\"S 138°46'44.28\"E).

Post by SteveS »

RyanLang wrote:I am also having the same problem. Will this be fixed in the future? If so how far into the future?
We're a peer to peer forum, and as such, no one can answer that.

The Madcap support folk drop in from time to time, but your question is better directed at Madcap.

Put in a bug report, or contact them directly. The more people who report an issue the higher it gets pushed on the to-do list...
Steve
Life's too short for bad coffee, bad chocolate, and bad red wine.