Broken links to Project/Advanced/RoboHelpStatus.flfts

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
TraceyYates
Propeller Head

Broken links to Project/Advanced/RoboHelpStatus.flfts

Post by TraceyYates »

I imported a large RoboHelp project into Flare and am slogging through the cleanup to make it a nice top navigation help set. When I run a report for broken links, I get 969 references to this missing file: Project/Advanced/RoboHelpStatus.flfts

What is the RoboHelpStatus.flfts file? Is it something I need to be worried about? It doesn't appear to impact anything, but it sure pollutes my broken links report and makes it harder for me to spot other truly broken links. I can't seem to find anything in the source code that references this file directly. Is there something else I should search for?

Thanks,
Tracey
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Broken links to Project/Advanced/RoboHelpStatus.flfts

Post by wclass »

An ".FLFTS" file is a Flare file tags file found in the Advanced folder of the project.
Here is a guess at what the problem might be.
I don't know how this file would have been created, but I would have to assume there was some sort of tagging file in the Robohelp project and Flare attempted to convert it. I've not used Robohelp for a while and last time I imported, File tags did not exist.
In Flare when you use file tags (which are optional), an entry is put into the header of the topic - this is probably where the broken links are.
First I'd check the Advanced folder to see if a file has been created. If you don't need to use any tagging, then I'd look at the text of the topic files and work out a find/replace that removes the references.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by Nita Beck »

Great sleuthing, Margaret. :wink:

An alternative to doing the search-and-replace operations, you can always create a file tag set with that specific filename, adding it to the Advanced folder. Then, delete that file. Flare should now prompt if you want to remove the links from the files that are linked to that file tag set.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
TraceyYates
Propeller Head

Post by TraceyYates »

Thank you, Margaret and Nita!! It really helps to know what happened with that darn file that so many files were linked to. :-) I checked the Advanced folder and it wasn't there, so then I followed Nita's tip and created a file tag set named RoboHelpStatus. I closed and reopened the Flare project (just for good luck), then deleted the RoboHelpStatus.flfts file from the Advanced folder, which let me elect to remove all the links at once. Next time I ran the report for broken links, all the references to the file were gone. Hurray! And thanks again!

Tracey
kristinrandle1
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by kristinrandle1 »

Hi - I realize this post was many years ago, but I was experiencing the same problem with the RoboHelpStatus.flfts files showing up as broken links. I walked through the procedure suggested below (twice), but neither time did it remove my robohelpstatus files. I have no clue how they got into my Help (except that I copied many topics from another Flare file, so...). Anyway, if someone has a better idea for how I can remove those, I'd be so happy b/c right now I show 818 broken links and 95% are roboheplstatus files.

Thanks!