When importing HTML also import image files?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
Phlawm53
Sr. Propeller Head

When importing HTML also import image files?

Post by Phlawm53 »

For Flare 11.

Q: Is it possible to tell Flare's "Import HTML" tool to also import any image files referenced by the imported HTML files?

I have created a new Flare 11 project by importing four HTML files that were created in Dreamweaver into Flare 11. Overall worked well enough.

BUT I can't find any way to tell the import process to also import the images that the HTML files referenced. The imported Flare topic files "point backwards" to the original image folder and files.

I've gotten around this by manually copying the image files into the new Flare project's folder, then Find/Replace-ing the links to the import source's image folder and files. So I've solved the problem mechanically / manually rather than via the Import tool itself.

But is there truly no way to import referenced images into the Flare project during the Import operation? (I can understand why Flare might have problems updating the links within the Imported HTML files to point to image files copied into the Flare project. But thought I'd ask...)

Cheers & thanks,
Riley
SFO
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: When importing HTML also import image files?

Post by devjoe »

In the import wizard, on the screen after you choose the files, there is a checkbox labeled Import resources which should bring in the linked images.
Phlawm53
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: When importing HTML also import image files?

Post by Phlawm53 »

devjoe wrote:In the import wizard, on the screen after you choose the files, there is a checkbox labeled Import resources which should bring in the linked images.
Thanks! Seems to work just fine.

Cheers & Happy / Merry and all that,
Riley
SFO