numbered lists?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
davidfass
Propeller Head

numbered lists?

Post by davidfass »

Hi. I'm new to this and kind of baffled by the FrameMaker import process. I got stuck rather immediately. Some questions:
1) How do I handle my numbered lists? I have lists with multiple levels and "continuation" paragraphs, all with different Paragraph formats of course. What's the right approach for importing?
2) I currently use a rather elaborate CSS file to map my FrameMaker styles to HTML. When I do the import, should I use the CSS styles from this file? Or should I chuck it and just map to the basic h1,h2,h3? But I have so many different paragraph types in FrameMaker... does it really make sense to map the app to plain "p"?

Thanks for any advice.
kmorrison
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: numbered lists?

Post by kmorrison »

This may depend on how much time you have and the size of the project. You'll probably get better results if you design your stylesheet in Flare, then map the Framemaker styles to that, but don't expect to do it quickly if you're new at this.

I handled my numbered lists by initially converting the list-item paragraphs to similar paragraph styles in Flare, then giving those paragraph styles eyeball-searing highlights that I couldn't possibly miss and going through every topic to turn strings of ugly paragraphs into lists. (I tried to come up with an automated way, but the number of (inconsistently applied) paragraph styles in the lists I was converting made this too difficult.)