Global project linking - auto reimport

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
jackdeland
Propeller Head

Global project linking - auto reimport

Post by jackdeland »

I'm sure this is simple... I have an "intermediate" project that I am sharing among two others - html, png, and pdf. I have the auto-reimport option checked. My understanding of the auto option is that it updates the files without user input, i.e., you don't have to use the Accept Imported Documents option once the auto action completes. It doesn't do that. I can do the update manually.
What am I misunderstanding here?
Jack DeLand
MadSkills Consultant and Trainer
Adam Charles Consulting, LLC
Ann Arbor, Michigan
http://www.adamcharlesconsulting.com
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Global project linking - auto reimport

Post by wclass »

I agree that it should work as you say. Just to double check:
On the target, clear the Disable auto-sync option.
On the import file, set Auto reimport ... as you mentioned, but also have a look at the Delete Stale files and the Delete Unreferenced files options. I have found that some files, like CSS files, may not come through automatically if the Unreferenced options is checked (and they are not initially referenced).
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
jackdeland
Propeller Head

Post by jackdeland »

Hello, Oz -

Yes, it is all set up as you say it should be, and the problem persists.
Jack DeLand
MadSkills Consultant and Trainer
Adam Charles Consulting, LLC
Ann Arbor, Michigan
http://www.adamcharlesconsulting.com
barbs
Propeller Head

Post by barbs »

Did you ever find a solution to this problem.

I am playing around with import as we are considering implementing it soon, and I seem to be having the same problem. I've previously imported files using the Import -> HTML File Set option, and in that case the auto-reimport works fine. I'm now working with 2 new projects, attempting to use Global Project Linking (Import -> Flare Project option). Creating the import file went well, but now I am testing updating the source files and re-building my target updates are not being re-imported. If I open the Import file (*.flimpfl) and click re-import, it shows me that the "source" is newer and it will let me Accept, but I shouldn't have to do that!

I have double checked that on the Source Project tab on the Import file, the Auto-reimport before "Generate Output" is enabled.
I have double checked that the Target file, "Disable auto-sync" is NOT checked.

Why won't auto-reimport work?