Multi-Level Bullets - Word to Flare

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
salcar01
Jr. Propeller Head

Multi-Level Bullets - Word to Flare

Post by salcar01 »

Hi,

I'm a Flare newbie trying to perfect the import of multi-level lists.

We have bullet levels in our documents about two or three levels deep. I had created styles for each in Word. For the first level, no problem - they seem to import into Flare just fine. However, the second and third levels seem to have a problem.

After discussions with tech support it appears that the only bullet level that imports without problem is the default Word style Bulleted List Paragraph. My first level bullets use Bulleted List Paragraph which imports without problems. However, if I try to create a new second level indented style using Bulleted List Paragraph as the basis but with a new style name in Word, they are imported with no bullet at all in Flare.

Does anyone have a slick work-around for this? In Word I do have some indented bullets where I applied Bulleted List Paragraph and then indented them, and those import perfectly into Flare. However, if I try to save the indented version as a style and apply it to all second-level bullets that doesn't work. According to Tech Support my best option is to use Format Painter to update all my second- and third-level bullets and then do the import.

We have 300 products and I'd prefer a more automated solution. Any tips or tricks you can share? If I missed a Forum topic on this specific point my apologies - a link would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sally C.
ElaineB
Propeller Head

Re: Multi-Level Bullets - Word to Flare

Post by ElaineB »

I don't have an answer for you but I can tell you I am dealing with the same issue importing RoboHelp to Flare. I currently have MadCap tech support reviewing the issue because we have 11,000 topics that have lost all the numbering/bullets in Flare.

Elaine