Word Import: Image Best Practices?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
awojcicki
Jr. Propeller Head

Word Import: Image Best Practices?

Post by awojcicki »

Are there any best practices for importing Word docs that contain images? After importing Word docs, I'm finding that the images end up splayed all over the Flare page (sometimes outside of the page margins itself- when creating a PDF output). These images have various types of word wrapping in MS Word (in line with text, square, tight, in front of text, etc.). Should I remove text wrapping and move images out of paragraphs and lists (so they're more set off/standalone)? Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated!
Nita Beck
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Word Import: Image Best Practices?

Post by Nita Beck »

Your plan to remove all the formatting surrounding the images sounds like a very good plan. In general, have a Word doc be as plain Jane as possible -- with no inline formatting anywhere -- will yield better import results. But even then, there will always be cleanup to do in Flare.
Nita
RETIRED, but still fond of all the Flare friends I've made. See you around now and then!
awojcicki
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Word Import: Image Best Practices?

Post by awojcicki »

Thanks, Nita (I was excited to see a response from you, as I enjoyed your talk at Madworld 2013)! I suspected that I'd still be doing a fair amount of cleanup in Flare (the hard part is convincing managers that converting Word to Flare isn't exactly a 1-click/10 minute process).