External Resources: read only database

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
mpytlak
Jr. Propeller Head

External Resources: read only database

Post by mpytlak »

I have set up external resources and have copied/mapped PDFs to several of our projects. However - I have come across the following error in one project: "attempt to write a readonly database."
Has anyone experienced this?

I have made sure the respective project/files are checked out, and best I can tell, there is nothing different about this project than those to which I have copied successfully. Suggestions please.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: External Resources: read only database

Post by RamonS »

Do you have by accident the Analyzer folder under source control? That is the only place where I can think of Flare would keep anything that resembles a database. It uses SQL Compact for analysis and if those files are under source control (they should not be because the content can be easily recreated) and not checked out then writing to the files will be impossible due to the read only flag. Just a guess.....
mpytlak
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mpytlak »

Analyzer is not checked into source control.
mpytlak
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mpytlak »

Analyzer is not in source control and I have made sure that the local Analyzer directory and files are not read-only. Still no luck.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Post by RamonS »

Are you running Flare as Administrator? If not, try that. And if that isn't helping either then I am out of ideas as well.
mpytlak
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mpytlak »

Ran as admin, but still no luck. I suspect I will be opening a support ticket with MadCap. Appreciate your time.
mpytlak
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by mpytlak »

After getting some excellent support at MadWorld, turns out that FileSync directory was checked into source control.

Removing FileSync from source control resolved my issue.