RoboHelp Multi Level Lists to Flare fails? Help?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
ElaineB
Propeller Head

RoboHelp Multi Level Lists to Flare fails? Help?

Post by ElaineB »

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help out. Surely this isn't an uncommon thing, since so many people use RoboHelp and then switch over to Flare.

I have a huge RoboHelp project that I've imported into Flare. Problem is, the "multi-level lists" (alpha, bullet, number) that RoboHelp allows users to create for detailed procedures - - these lists do not copy over as "lists" in the Flare topics. They copy over as individual paragraphs, with no numbers and no indent/formatting. I've attached the same stylesheet but just noticed the issue this morning. We have about 11,000 procedure numbered/bulleted topics that have used this multi level list setup in RH, but has come over to Flare with only the text and not any numbers, bullets, etc. When I look at the XML Code, it does not show UL, OL, LI, nothing. It has RoboHelp code for a list.

Is there a way to do something to the styles or the lists in RH before importing, or do something in Flare after importing, so we can fix this fairly painlessly? Otherwise, it's a manual redo of 11,000 topics. Not my idea of fun, but I also can't imagine that this is the first time this has happened.

HELP?

Thanks in advance!
Elaine
ChoccieMuffin
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: RoboHelp Multi Level Lists to Flare fails? Help?

Post by ChoccieMuffin »

I don't use Robohelp, but if you post the code for a sample topic that has come out wrong, and an indication of what you're trying to get, we might be able to suggest some "search and replace" values for you.
Started as a newbie with Flare 6.1, now using Flare 2023.
Report bugs at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx.
Request features at https://www.madcapsoftware.com/feedback ... quest.aspx
ElaineB
Propeller Head

Post by ElaineB »

Thanks - here is the code for both - I have listed the INCORRECT (ROBOHELP) CODE FIRST after importing into Flare:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<html xmlns:MadCap="http://www.madcapsoftware.com/Schemas/MadCap.xsd" MadCap:id="Groups Overview" MadCap:timeEstimate="0" MadCap:priority="0" MadCap:fileTags="RoboHelpStatus.In Progress" MadCap:lastBlockDepth="3" MadCap:lastHeight="442" MadCap:lastWidth="1268">
<head><title>Modifying a Gift Limit</title>
<link rel="StyleSheet" href="../../../default.css" type="text/css" />
</head>
<body>
<h1>
<MadCap:keyword term="Gift Limits:Modifying" /><MadCap:variable name="System.Title" />
</h1>
<p>
<MadCap:keyword term="Gift" />
<MadCap:keyword term="Gift Limits" />Gift limits may be modified. How the change(s) impact existing gifts
depends on your workflow. If a rule to set the gift limit for a gift has
already executed, then it will not be updated. </p>
<p>You must have module access to the <span class="menu">Gift Limits</span>
section of the <span class="menu">Gifts and Hospitality Manger</span>
module to access gift limit information.</p>
<p> </p>
<p class="Style1">Go to <span class="GoToPath">Legal & Compliance > Gifts and Hospitality
Manager > Maintenance > Gift Limits</span>.</p>
<p class="Style1">Find the desired gift limit in the <span class="fieldlabel">Gift Limits List</span>.</p>
<p class="Style1">Click <span class="control">Actions > Edit</span>.</p>
<p class="Style1">Update the fields on the <span class="menu">Gift Limit</span> page. Refer to the <a href="Gift_Limits_Form_Field_Descriptions.htm"><span class="menu">Gift Limits</span> Page Description</a> topic to learn more about the meaning of the gift limit fields in the module. </p>
<p class="Style1">Click <span class="control">Save and Return</span>.</p>

CORRECT (How we WANT it to look)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<html xmlns:MadCap="http://www.madcapsoftware.com/Schemas/MadCap.xsd" MadCap:id="Groups Overview" MadCap:timeEstimate="0" MadCap:priority="0" MadCap:fileTags="RoboHelpStatus.In Progress" MadCap:lastBlockDepth="4" MadCap:lastHeight="621" MadCap:lastWidth="1255">
<head><title>Modifying a Gift Limit</title>
<link rel="StyleSheet" href="../../../default.css" type="text/css" />
</head>
<body>
<h1>
<MadCap:keyword term="Gift Limits:Modifying" /><MadCap:variable name="System.Title" />
</h1>
<p>
<MadCap:keyword term="Gift" />
<MadCap:keyword term="Gift Limits" />Gift limits may be modified. How the change(s) impact existing gifts
depends on your workflow. If a rule to set the gift limit for a gift has
already executed, then it will not be updated. </p>
<p>You must have module access to the <span class="menu">Gift Limits</span>
section of the <span class="menu">Gifts and Hospitality Manger</span>
module to access gift limit information.</p>
<p> </p>
<p class="Style1">Go to <span class="GoToPath">Legal & Compliance > Gifts and Hospitality
Manager > Maintenance > Gift Limits</span>.</p>
<p class="Style1">Find the desired
gift limit in the <span class="fieldlabel">Gift Limits List</span>.</p>
<p class="Style1">Click <span class="control">Actions > Edit</span>.</p>
<p class="Style1">Update the fields
on the <span class="menu">Gift Limit</span> page. Refer to the <a href="Gift_Limits_Form_Field_Descriptions.htm"><span class="menu">Gift Limits</span> Page Description</a> topic to learn
more about the meaning of the gift limit fields in the module.</p>
<p class="Style1">Click <span class="control">Save and Return</span>.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<ol>
<li class="Number">Go to <span class="rls-1-BasicNumber">Legal & Compliance > Gifts and Hospitality
Manager > Maintenance > Gift Limits</span>.</li>
<li class="Number">Find the desired
gift limit in the <span class="fieldlabel">Gift Limits List</span>.</li>
<li class="Number">Click <span class="control">Actions > Edit</span>.</li>
<li class="Number">Update the fields
on the <span class="menu">Gift Limit</span> page. Refer to the <a href="Gift_Limits_Form_Field_Descriptions.htm"><span class="menu">Gift Limits</span> Page Description</a> topic to learn
more about the meaning of the gift limit fields in the module.</li>
<li class="Number">Click <span class="control">Save and Return</span>.</li>
</ol>
devjoe
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by devjoe »

According to what you posted, the list is completely missing in your import. Did you miss part of it?
ElaineB
Propeller Head

Post by ElaineB »

Nope. The RoboHelp code doing multi level lists does not give a code of "list" but rather makes it part of a style, such as paragraph Style 1. That's my issue - I can't do a find replace or just shift over to a new list. The multi level lists in RH are guided by style, not by the OL or UL or other Flare type code.