Problems importing MS-Word docs

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
jtaylor109
Jr. Propeller Head

Problems importing MS-Word docs

Post by jtaylor109 »

My MS-Word import went pretty well except for a few hitches. Some data in tables is missing -- does not seem to be a predictable pattern that I am aware of. For example, in the description field, the first row of information is missing then next row is populated. Also some of the information in the table is highlighted in yellow. I accepted all changes in the document, removed watermark, etc.
Has anyone else experienced a similar problem; if so, how did you resolve?
devans
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Problems importing MS-Word docs

Post by devans »

It sounds like inline formatting might be causing at least some of your problems. Your Word documents need to be really "clean" style-wise, to import cleanly, e.g. all formatting to be applied via styles otherwise you have to do some cleaning up when it gets into Flare. Not sure about the missing table text but I'd also check that formatting in the Word document to see if it might be a problem.
jtaylor109
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Problems importing MS-Word docs

Post by jtaylor109 »

Thanks for the reply. I did check the styles. Just seemed odd to me that one row in the table imported without a hitch, whilst the one immediately below, did not import. Both have same style. Guess will need to open a ticket in Flare.