Can I delete javascript files that imported from RH?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
ElaineB
Propeller Head

Can I delete javascript files that imported from RH?

Post by ElaineB »

Hi all,

I'm still banging my head against a wall trying to get this RoboHelp project imported into Flare without issue.

It brings over a bunch of .JS files, which I've been told are javascript. Can I delete these once they are in Flare? I don't see how they are used and I want to clean up the project.

Still arguing LOTS over multi-level lists not converting over to Flare, and page layouts having to be completely redone from scratch.

Help???
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Can I delete javascript files that imported from RH?

Post by wclass »

You can probably delete the javascript files, but it depends on whether they are custom scripts for your project, or the general Robohelp (RH) ones. It has been a few years since I upgraded and things could have changed. RH script files began with ehlp*.js - these can be removed, but you also need to clear out the references to them as well - needs a bit of find/replace on the code.
Maybe if you posted the full name of the .JS files we could be of more help.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
ElaineB
Propeller Head

Post by ElaineB »

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The names are things like "whlang.js" and "whtopic.js" and they come thru as imported in the main top level folder. It seems like these are RH scripts that do not need to be in Flare and can be deleted, but the import process does not do that.

Elaine
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

You can open the JS files in Flare (in text view), and then check the Link Viewer pane to see if anything links to these files.

If they're RH files and not yours, then it's safe to delete them.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

Those files were used by Adobe RH to manage language settings, sorting order, stop words, that sort of thing - you don't need them in Flare (it uses its own).
So you can delete them, but first use the link viewer to see if they are referenced in any other topics (and remove those references as well).
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne